Monday 20 September 2010

18. Tourist shopping...



This morning we were invited to Alfredo & Susana's house for breakfast. We enjoyed a medium spicy piece of pork, in a rich sauce, with onions, chilli and seasoning. It was a very costly dish for them, as Alfredo is often without work. Another example of the love these people have for others.

After a bus trip home, we took a taxi into the town centre to buy some presents. As the weeks have gone by, my list has got longer... although SORRY IF YOU DON´T GET A PRESENT... there's only so many things a tourist can buy! (It´s my family and Pastor Stu's family only!)

I can't give away too many details in public, in case it spoils the surprise, but one present caused a bit of consternation later on. The girl in the shop persuaded me that the present was traditional Peruvian, and it certainly does LOOK THE PART. But she could only give us hasty instructions, which when we got home were not sufficient. I think "traditional peruvian" could be translated, "here comes another Gringo lads!" Still, I like the gift, and we're pretty sure we've got it right in the end!

The only problem now is... how on earth will I fit all these in my suitcase?

Tuesday is my final full day. The combi is still at the garage... this is costing quite a bit in taxi fares. It is likely we shall take the day easy. I have been invited to see some of the church members at around 4pm. We are going to ask not to have any food, as Mr Montezuma has been hovering.

The family I am visiting is a mother and daughter, who were linked to our Kids through the Sunday School several years ago now, Mayra is the daughter's name, and her mum is called Paty. When we first were put in touch, the Father was around too, but sadly, the relationship has broken down, leaving just Paty & Mayra. They have not been attending the church recently, and Anthony is concerned for them spiritually. Please pray that I will be able to help, and that this will be an open door for Anthony to encourage them to come back regularly to the church.

After that, (in poetic verse):
early to bed,
early to rise,
and hopefully at 7.55am (1.55pm UK time)
into the air my Peruvian Airlines Plane flies!

I think that scans ok?!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment