Thursday 9 September 2010

2. walking el perro


Thu 9 Sep
woke this morning at 4am. that´s 1 hour better than last night. my body still thinks it´s in uk. tried to make the most of the time with some spanish practice and thinking through the day. I also needed el bano, pero no querria le acuesto el perro! (ask Liz to translate). In the end, i risked it, and yes, he did growl at me, but i survived and then managed to get back to my room unscathed.

lovely to do my quiet time on the balcony in the early morning light. mount misty looks shrouded in haze, and it´s quite cold here in arequipa at 7am. still a good time. Scooby spent most of my devotions pacing around the balcony looking for a dog to bark at. (p.s. sorry, the picture is not Scooby, but it looks like him.)

anthony and i went to walk the dog this morning in the morning sun. it was coming back that i first noticed i was a bit out of puff! no, it´s not because i´m unfit (honestly) it´s the altitude. it´s only slightly harder in arequipa, but if you walk briskly up a slight hill, you notice it.

beautiful day. Ronnie is coming soon, and then we are off to risk assess the Envision Team´s houses. Better take my camera to collect la evidencia!!

A

No comments:

Post a Comment